Slate is one of the most durable and resistant roofing materials used by Sydney property owners. Yet, even the most properly maintained slate roofs often suffer damage and decay due to natural factors. The most logical option is to contact reliable professionals who offer slate roof repairs. If you are about to hire a company for repairs, it is important to know that they possess the tools for the task. Some of these are needed to gain access to the roof and its sections, and others needed during the actual repair jobs. Take a look below to expand your knowledge regarding the essential slate roof repair tools.
The Most Essential Slate Roof Repair Tools
1. Ridge Hook – A slate roof with a ridge can be accessed with a portable-type ladder. A ridge hook can be used to secure the ladder in place. It enables better access to any part of the roof surface for repair professionals. A ridge hook is quite essential to ensure their safety, especially when climbing steeply sloped tiled areas. This tool helps workers focus on the task at hand without constantly worrying about safety.
2. Slator – It is yet another tool for enhancing accessibility and personal safety while performing repair tasks. SLATOR or Secure Ladder And Tie Off Responsibly is a device particularly suitable for roofs without ridges or access to the ridges. Properties with hip roofs can be worked on with SLATOR tools, as they attach to tile edges with fasteners, in effect clamping a ladder on firmly.
3. Slate Brackets – A slate bracket is one of the most important tools necessary for setting up staging on a slate tiled roof. Staging is also vital for workers to remove and replace tiles, and complete installation processes. If your roof has suffered damage at multiple points, slate roof repair professionals need to set up staging at different places. This is only possible with suitable slate brackets.
4. Slate Rippers – A slate ripper, as the name suggests, is used for ripping off damaged and partially broken slate roofing tiles. This tool will help in safely removing slate tiles without damaging the surrounding tiles. Rippers come with special hooking systems that rip out the nails and unhook tiles easily. Make sure that the professionals you hire are equipped with suitable slate ripper equipment.
5. Slate Cutter – Repairing damaged tiles often require replacement with similar or exact new ones. If the slate tile is larger than already installed tiles, it has to be shortened accordingly. This requires the use of a slate cutter tool. Most reputed slate roof company professionals are well versed in the use of slate cutters for precise cutting of tiles. Cutters can also be utilised for nailing work.
These are some of the most important tools that can be used for slate roof repairing jobs. If you are in Sydney or any areas in NSW, it is possible to find well-equipped repair professionals at very reasonable rates including the professional team at The Slate Roofing Company.