Natural roofing slate is recognised throughout the world as one of the finest building materials available. The material has a capability to withstand the most extreme environmental and weather conditions. Its durability and its unique natural beauty has led to the specification of slate in a broad range of roofing applications.
Natural roofing slate offers the specifier or builder both aesthetic appeal and exceptional durability. This durability means that natural slate can contribute considerably to a building’s whole life costs. A slate roof will last the lifetime of the building, if laid correctly.
Natural roofing slate will be unaffected by normal extremes of temperature, and will be resistant to acids, alkalis and other atmospheric pollutants such as sulphur dioxide. Aesthetically, natural slate respects the traditional or local character where it is used. This is especially important in conservation areas, where slate selection may require to match existing roofing materials on surrounding buildings. As a natural product it will also feature variations in colour, sizes and textures to enhance the overall visual effect.
Choosing The Slate Roofing Company means you have a professional and experienced workmanship on all aspects of slate work. We have outstanding knowledge and are highly skilled in slate roofing, re-roofing and repairs. Our roofers can replace part of roofs or single tiles to keep your roof looking great, always at a competitive price.
Our service includes the removal of the old roof covering i.e. the underlay, old battens and old slates or tiles also leaving the job clean and tidy when the project is complete.
- We organise ordering and delivery of all materials to site, keeping you well informed along the way.
- You will be well advised of the best materials to use, helping to make sure you get a quality job
- At The Slate Roofing Company we strive to use the best roof slates in Sydney.
- All our roofs are installed using treated battens and timbers throughout the construction of the roof.
- We only use breathable underlay avoiding damp & condensation.
- We only used copper nails for fixing the slates to extend the life of the roof.
- Finally when the all of the work is done you will receive written 15 year warranty on new roofs or re-roof.
Advantages of Slate Roofing
- Non-combustible, resists fire, storm and wind
- Waterproof, natural stone
- Wide range of colour combination
- Effective appearance from texture, exposure and colour
- Little or no maintenance cost
- Will not retain snow or ice
- Resists climatic changes
- Reduces insurance premiums
- Long life
- Accidental breakage easily replaced
- We will organise everything from scaffolding to carpentry work if required, we will source all the materials and ensure you as the customer is always kept up to date as we progress through the roofing job.
Have a look at all roofing services we offer as well as slate roofing